10 Things Joey Dee is Thankful For
Since the dawn of Social Media, you've seen it every year. It usually starts sometime around the first of November, but by the weekend most of your friends have started. They take the next X number of days to tell you one thing they are thankful for. While most take this task seriously, there are some that just come up with the most absurdly random list ever.
Well... because this is just how I am... I think I will mix the 2 together. Can you figure out which one's are genuine and which are just absurd?
10) I am thankful that my car didn't completely fall apart while driving out here from Seattle. It's an '03 with over 125,000 miles on it, so it was a distinct possibility.
9) I am thankful that I was able to get out of the big city for once in my life. I have spent pretty much my entire life in the Seattle-Tacoma-Everett metropolitan area, so it's a very welcome change of pace to live in a city that has less people than some suburbs in Seattle.
8) I am thankful for Technology. While finding a balance will always be the key to utilizing it properly, I love that I can stay connected and get more done in a day than I use to. This allows me to get out and see more listeners and spend more time in bars and clubs.
7) I am thankful for socks. Enough said
6) I am thankful that I am still working in Radio. There was a time that I thought I'd have to get back into the family business... but I was fortunate to have the talent to be picked up by a new station. I hope I never give anyone any reason to doubt me again.
5) I am thankful for 5 burner gas grills. 3 burners just aren't enough to properly cook a New York Strip Steak, and *gasp* I'm not a fan of charcoal.
4) I am thankful my parents taught me to cook a proper meal before I was 13. This allowed me to experiment in my early teenage years with flavor combinations, which allows me to walk into any kitchen and build out something delicious without a recipe.
3) I am thankful for the 6.0L BiTurbo V-12 engine mounted into the Merecedes-Benz SL65 AMG. There is no sexier sounding engine in the world.
2) I am thankful that I am a skilled audio producer. Whenever I get sent a file from the labels that sounds like it was mastered by 2 guys in a dumpster behind the studio, I am thankful I know how to correct it so you don't have to hear sub-par audio because the producer got lazy.
1) I am thankful for my family. *awwww* Seriously though... I am sort of the black sheep of the family for breaking away from the more traditional trades that my family has all gone into to pursue a career in music/radio. Although they were skeptical at first, they have all realized that I am serious that this is what I feel I am good at, and have backed my decision... So much so that some of them took days off of work to help me move my stuff out here when I finally found an apartment.
What are you thankful for this year? Let me know and we'll put together a top 10 list for Thanksgiving Day. Email them to me Joey.Dee@townsquaremedia.com