A Bear, A Prayer, A Dollar – How We Can Help Newtown,CT
What can you do right now to help the community of Newtown, CT? Here is a quick list of ways to get direct donations to the families, kids, and victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
- United Way Sandy Hook School Support Fund – donate here
- Sandy Hook School Support Fund – Any donations questions call 800-461-0672. Mail checks to:
Sandy Hook School Support Fund
c/o Newtown Savings Bank
39 Main Street, Newtown CT 06470
- Newtown Youth and Family Services – donate here
- Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy II – Bears will be accepted until December 28th, 2012. Click here for more information. Teddy bears can be shipped for grieving students to:
Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy II
1000 Bridgeport Ave.
Shelton, CT 06484
- Monetary donations can be made to:
- Peoples United Bank
- TD Bank
- Newtown Savings Bank
- To send a card or letter to students or staff at the school, here is the address:
Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT, 06482
- The Newtown Memorial Fund has been set up to provide financial aid to victims in covering funeral costs, to assist in the creation of a memorial in the town, and to start an ongoing scholarship for Newtown public school students to attend college.
- If you are interested in volunteering in Newtown, you can call the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection at 1-800-203-1234.
- A list of private online donation sites set up specifically for the Sandy Hook shooting can be found here.
All children are our responsibility – whatever you can do to stand in support of Sandy Hook Elementary School and Newtown, CT, please do. In the midst of great hurt, may our human family offer kindness, compassion, love and remembrance.