A List of National Store Chains That Are Closing Locations
The internet is hurting many brick and mortar stores across the nation. 24/7 Wall St. shares a complete list of stores that are closing in the near future.
We don’t know if any of the local Bismarck or North Dakota stores are closing from this list, but this is a complete list of merchants that are shutting doors across the nation.
- CVS Pharmacy- the plan is to close 70 of their 9700 locations.
- Abercrombie & Fitch- the internet has hurt A&F, which used to be the coolest place for teens to shop, the plan is to close 60 of their 300+ stores.
- Sears Holdings Corporation which also owns K-Mart plans to close at least 42 locations nationwide.
- Office Depot plans to close over 300 stores over the next couple of years due to struggling sales.
- GNC is rebranding their company and plans to close 100 stores, of their over 4000 stores.
- Macys plans to shut 14% of their stores nation widewide which is about 100 stores.
- K-Mart plans to shut over 100 stores in the next year.
- J C Penney plans to close over 100 stores in the next couple of year, and they too have been trying to rebrand their stores.
- The Limited said they will close close to 250 stores nationwide.