What should snowmobile emergency supplies include?
- Spare spark plugs
- Spare drive belt
- Spare fuel
- Spare clothing
- Waterproof matches
- First aid kit
- Tool kit
- Knife/small ax
- Ignition key—on a ring or attached to the machine
What should you do before storing your sled for the winter?
- You should pour in some fuel stabilizer.
What should you check before starting your machine for the year?
- Throttle – It should freely return to the idle or closed position.
- Fluid levels – Gas tank should be full. Check the oil level.
- Ski assemblies and rods – Suspension operates freely. Rods aren’t broken.
- Drive belt – Look for worn areas; have a spare.
- General mechanical conditions – Be certain snowmobile is in good operating condition.
- Handlebars – They should operate freely in both directions.