Facts About Veterans By the Numbers
Veterans Day is Wednesday November 11th. With the day comes many special events and benefits for the men and women who served our country. It also serves as a reminder to pay tribute to the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we all enjoy in our great country.
With that said, we thought it would be fitting to visit a few Veterans Day facts. How well do we know our veterans? Here are some interesting numbers.
- A veteran is someone who served the country is war and or peace time. The branches of service include, US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard.
- Many veterans suffer from a condition known as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and is the leading cause of unemployment among Veterans.
- There are currently over 2 million female veterans in the United States.
- There are no WW1 veterans still alive. There are 2.1 million veterans alive from serving in WWII.
- Of the homeless living on the streets, 12% of the adults are veterans. Of that number 70% suffer from substance abuse.
- Over 5 million veterans suffer from a disability.
- Over 10 million veterans are 65 years old or older.
For all those who served and currently serving, we say THANK YOU!