Fargo Ranks among Top Hungover Places in America
We already know that North Dakota is one of the most drunk states in America, so it should come as no surprise that Fargo is among the must hungover places in America.
The folks over at Business Insider put together their very own Hangover Index, based on data from the CDC's 2011 Behavioural Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) and the Census Bureau's 2012 County Business Patterns (CBP) program.
From that data, Business Insider looked at five indicators to construct their ranking:
- Binge drinking
- Heavy drinking
- Number of bars per 100,000 residents
- Number of beer, wine, and liquor stores per 100,000 residents
- Number of alcohol beverage producing establishments per 100,000 residents
Based on those five indicators, Fargo racked up an 86.94 on Business Insider's Hangover Score, putting them in the number two spot on the list of the Most Hungover Places in America. Here's how Fargo netted a score of 86.94:
- 9.6% admitted to heavy drinking
- 28.2% admitted to binge drinking
- 28.1 bars per 100,000 people
- 13.4 beer, wine, and liquor stores per 100,000 people
- 1.4 alcohol beverage producing establishments per 100,000 people
Lawrence, Kansas took the top spot, with a score of 90.22.
For a complete explanation of Business Insider's methodology regarding their Hangover Index and the complete list of the Most Hungover Cities in America, just CLICK HERE.