In yet another harshly-taught lesson on gun safety, a hunter in the Tri-County Fish and Wildlife area of Indiana was accidentally shot in the foot -- by her dog.

On a waterfowl hunt at the area about 140 miles north of Indianapolis, Allie Carter, 25, of Avilla, set her 12-gauge shotgun on the ground next to her, either forgetting or neglecting to set the safety before doing so.

Her chocolate Labrador retriever stepped on the gun, causing it to fire; Carter was shot in the left foot at point blank range.

Carter was hospitalized for injuries to her foot and toes.

There is very little humor to be found in this story, except for one small detail: the dog's name, appropriately, is Trigger.