Morton County Approves Permit for Wind Turbine Project
According to the Bismarck Tribune, The Morton County Commission has approved a Special Use Permit for the Sunflower Wind Project south of Hebron.
The permit would allow Infinity Wind Power Management (The company that will manage the Sunflower Wind Project) to build up to 55 wind turbines in Morton County. A similar permit has been approved for 25 more turbines in Stark County. The company will pay around $100,000 for the permit.
The project is projected to produce 110 megawatts of power when fully functional.
The special use permit requires that all towers fall under special rules such as
- 500 ft setback from any county or township roads
- One-quarter mile setback from any occupied residents to prevent nuisances
- All disturbed soil must be remediated once the project is complete
- Any damage to county or township roads must be repaired after the project is complete
- Infinity Wind must obtain all necessary building permits
Total cost for the project is roughly $180 million