Tea Spiked With Cleaning Chemical Leaves Woman in Critical Condition [VIDEO]
One Utah woman remains in Critical Condition after taking a drink of tea at a popular restaurant that happened to be spiked with a caustic cleaning chemical.
Jan Harding was having lunch with her family when she took a drink of Sweet Tea that contained Sodium Hydroxide, a powerful cleaning chemical used in restaurants to clean fryers and other oil based messes. Within seconds, her mouth and throat began to burn.
After being rushed to a nearby hospital, she was airlifted to the University of Utah hospital's burn unit where she remains in Critical Condition.
Police called in the Salt Lake County health department to do a review of the facility. The review showed no violations, and the restaurant is open for business.