These are the Top Comments and Questions You get When People Find Out You’re From North Dakota!
Not everyone knows how great our state is! Actually, not many people know anything about North Dakota. Every time I go home to Louisiana or travel, I always get asked the same series of questions about North Dakota?
This got me thinking, come up with a list of the questions and comments I hear most while I'm traveling. I bet you get the same series of questions! Do these sound familiar?
- I take it hockey is a big deal up there!
- Is South Dakota part of North Dakota?
- I saw the movie Fargo! Ah-you betcha or oohh-yea!
- How do you pronounce that soup up there? Kay-knee-ef-la? (Knefla)
- Are there snow days up there?
- Are you on rotary dial? And "are you still on dial up internet connection"? or Do you have internet connection?
- Do you ice fish?
- I guess you pull for the Vikings and or the Twins
- Is there a C in Bismarck?
- Do they drink a lot up there?
- Do you go to Canada?
- How far are you from Canada?
- Do you work in the oil industry?
- How do you handle the winters?
- How much snow do you get?
- What's a man camp?
- How long are the winters in North Dakota?
- Does it really get to minus____ there?(insert your digit)
- How long are the summers?
- Do you miss_____________? (insert your home state or city)
- Where is North Dakota anyway?
- What the hell are you doing in North Dakota?
- I bet you can't wait to come home!
Sound familiar? I bet you have some of your own? Please share with us!