Have You Ever Tried Christmas Candy Puffcorn?
As I was sitting here thinking about what on Earth I should write about today, a plate of Christmas delight magically appeared on the counter outside of my office. I immediately spotted what I thought were popcorn balls, and I HAD TO HAVE ONE. I don't know many people who actually like popcorn balls, but I think of them as ooey-gooey, sweet-and-salty, heavenly holiday treats.
Anyway, when I picked up the bag, it didn't really look like popcorn. But I had chosen my treat, so I decided to try it. To my surprise, I ended up eating white cheesy puffs covered in almond bark and sprinkles. How have I never tried this? How have I never heard of this?
Of course, I had to find a recipe so I can wow my family next week. Check it out:
Christmas Candy Puffcorn
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour puffcorn in a large bowl.
- Place almond bark in a small glass or porcelain bowl and microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Let sit 2 minutes and microwave for another 20 seconds, or until almond bark is entirely melted. Stir until smooth and pour over puffcorn.
- Stir the puffcorn and almond bark together until the puffcorn is evenly coated. Evenly spread the mixture on the pan.
- Before the puffcorn and almond bark sets up, add sprinkles and candies to "top it off."
- Once it is all set, break the puffs into chunks and serve. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
There you have it, this salty-and-sweet Christmas treat with a hint of cheesy goodness is an amazing treat. Plus, it's easy to make and will surely be a hit at your family gathering.