Holiday Hot Cocoa With A Boozy Twist
Did you know that the average adult will consume 4,027 calories on Christmas Day? That's slightly more than twice the amount a grown man is advised to consume in a day. But, you know, it IS the holidays and I've always been told that calories don't count when you're with friends and family.
If you're not keeping track of your calories this Christmas, do I have a yummy "holiday cheer" recipe for you - Slow Cooker Rumchata Mint Hot Cocoa. This stuff is sinfully delicious, but it's also very sweet and filling, so drink with caution. Check out the insanely easy instructions below.
- 2 Bags of chopped Andes Mints
- 1 - 14 Ounce can of Sweet and Condensed Milk
- 1 Small carton of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Cups of Milk
- 1 Bottle of Rumchata (I go with the big bottle)
- Combine everything except for Rumchata into a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Add Rumchata about 15 minutes before hot chocolate is done.
This is another one of those recipes that you can have fun with. Try different flavor chocolates, add a candy cane and whipped cream for garnish, etc. I also advise leaving out a cup for Santa. You'll make his "Nice" list every year with a cup of this hot cocoa.