North Dakota State Parks Challenges You For The New Year
Outdoor enthusiasts looking for activities right here in you very own 701 backyards, your answer is here. We are happy to announce that the 12 Months, 12 Hikes Challenge is returning for 2023. Brought to you by North Dakota State Parks and Recreation, this challenge is perfect for the individual, family, or as a fun date each month.
The concept is that participants who complete 12 hikes by the end of the year earn a commemorative 12 Months, 12 Hikes Patch. As well as have chances for prizes in various categories.
- There are 22 qualifying trails within 14 North Dakota state parks and recreation areas. Here is the Checklist to help keep track.
- The concept is to complete your hikes in one park or all 20 participating locations across the state. ND State Parks and Rec has created this interactive map to help plan your trek.
- Check-in is super easy, just requires your smartphone. Simply scan the trail sign QR code with your mobile device (typically the phone's camera or using a QR reader app) and submit the online check-in form.
- Life Happens, so if you miss a month, not a big deal. Six bonus hiking trails within the participating park districts are being offered to help complete this year's hike challenge.
- Moraine Loop, Beaver Lake State Park.
- Matah "River" Trail, Cross Ranch State Park.
- Cottonwood Trail, Cross Ranch State Park.
- Keller Loop, Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park.
- Little Soldier Loop, Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park.
- Little Twig Trail, Fort Ransom State Park.
- White Tail Loop, Fort Ransom State Park.
- Flicker Loop, Fort Stevenson State Park.
- Northern Pine Loop, Fort Stevenson State Park.
- Sivert Thompson Loop, Grahams Island State Park.
- Hillman Trail, Icelandic State Park.
- Basswood Trail, Icelandic State Park.
- Kings Highway Trail, Lake Metigoshe State Park.
- Cub Loop, Lake Metigoshe State Park.
- North Country Trail, Lake Sakakawea State Park.
- Prairie Nature Trail, Lewis & Clark State Park.
- South Trail System, Lewis & Clark State Park.
- I Trail, Little Missouri State Park.
- Maah Daah Hey Trail, Sully Creek State Park.
- Fisher Loop, Turtle River State Park.
- Hollows River/Hollows Ridge Loop, Turtle River STate Park.
- Pembina Gorge State Recreation Area.
Remember if a month is missed, there are six bonus hiking trails, check here for those city park participating trails.
Official Rules are available HERE, and explain the prizes and qualifying criteria that must be met to be entered to win.