North Dakota’s Lack of Interest In Egg Salad Makes It A Pretty OK State
It's official. The absolute dumbest ranking of all 50 states (and Washington D.C.) has been published to the internet.
The real estate blog Estately took on the very difficult and subjective challenge of ranking all 50 states from best to worst and they did it by using quite arguably the most ridiculous factors ever.
Estately came up with the rankings based on the following:
- Arby’s locations per capita (source: Arby’s)
- Vape shops per capita (source: Yellow Pages)
- Google searches by people looking to buy a hoverboard (source: Google Trends)
- Google searches for egg salad recipes (source: Google Trends)
- Total number of Nickelback concerts per capita held in each state (source: Wikipedia)
- Facebook fans of singer Chris Brown (source: Facebook)
- Magicians per capita (source: Yellow Pages)
- People expressing interest in goop, Gwyneth Paltrow’s lifestyle publication (source: Facebook)
From what I can gather, it seems that most or all of the things on that list are negatives. In other words, the more Arby's locations, magicians, and Nickelback concerts that take place in a state, the worse its ranking.
Nevada took the No. 1 spot for the worst state in the U.S. partly due to their high rate of magicians.
Washington D.C. took the No. 51 spot, making it the best state even though it isn't technically a state.
On the scale of 1 to 51 with 51 being the best, North Dakota earned the No. 24 spot. So North Dakota is basically right in the middle of the pack.
Based on these absurd rankings, North Dakota scored the best in the nation in terms of its google searches for egg salad recipes (or lack thereof) and the amount of Nickelback concerts that occur in the state (or again… the lack thereof).
Maybe you learned something here today by reading this but probably not. Please go here and learn something worthwhile.