Recipe: Pumpkin Peanut Butter PUPcakes
Sunday was Penelope's eighth birthday. I don't even know how that happened. She was barely eight weeks old when we met. She's a middle-aged woman now. I can't imagine how the time must fly by with a human child, it sure does with a fur-child.
Anyway, as a lot of basic girls do, I celebrate my pets' birthdays. I don't get wild and throw a party with guests and such, but I make it special. I like to make treats and desserts. So Penelope got Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pupcakes. I kid you not, you'll want to eat the frosting yourself.
Check out the recipe below:
- ½ C whole grain oat flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- ½ C pumpkin puree
- ½ C shredded carrot
- ¼ C Greek yogurt
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- ½ C Greek yogurt, cold
- 1/4 C) peanut butter
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
- Scoop batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let completely cool.
- Mix together frosting ingredients.
- Place a dollop of frosting on each pupcake.
- Excitedly serve to your dog.
- Store in airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days.
The recipe I used says it makes six pupcakes. However, I did manage to get twelve with this exact recipe. Mine were small, but I have a small dog. So, it works.
Penelope and Raspy hope your pets enjoy this yummy treat (check out their pic below).