5 Places to Celebrate National Margarita Day in Bismarck
Monday, February 22 is National Margarita Day. Celebrate at one (or all) of the best places to get a margarita in Bismarck!
Before we jump into the best margs in town, here are a few fun facts about tequila:
- Tequila is distilled and made from the blue agave plant.
- Mexico has the international right to the word 'tequila.'
- Tequila normally has a 38-40% alcohol content but some are 31-55%.
- The founder of Sauza Tequila, Don Cenobio Sauza, was also the Municipal President of the village of Tequila. He was the first to export tequila to the United States.
- In 2008, there were a registered total of 908 brands of tequila from 128 producers.
Now that we've given you a reason to celebrate, take a look at the best places to get a margarita in Bismarck.
Fiesta is located in the historic Northern Pacific Depot. Not only do they have one of the best patios in town, their margarita is a consistent winner in Bismarck Tribune's Best of the Best awards. Be sure to order a house margarita on the rocks.
Paradiso is a favorite spot for Mexican cuisine and a good margarita. Get your margarita in just about any flavor you can imagine. A personal favorite is the blended strawberry mango.
Applebee's may not be the first place you think of when you want a margarita, but it was voted as the 3rd best in The Bismarck Tribune's Best of the Best awards. They have great happy hour specials and a variety of margaritas.
La Carreta is a great place to grab some authentic Mexican food and a delicious margarita. There are 7 different flavors and you can get them in regular or jumbo sizes. If you're with a group, get a pitcher!
Again, another odd choice for a margarita. Humpback Sally's Cucumbrero is the perfect way to break up the sweet margaritas you've been drinking. It has a kick of jalapeño and cucumber that will make your tastebuds explode!