These Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes Will Kick Your Butt
In Honor of Chocolate Chip cookie day (8/4) here are two mouth-watering takes on an American classic.
Peanut Butter Banana Cholate Chip Cookies.; that just sounds delicious. According to momontimeout, here's a nice creative take without going crazy on ingredients.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter, bananas, and sugars together until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or just until they start to turn light, golden brown on top.
- Let cookies cool completely on cookie sheets.
- Store in airtight containers for up to a week.
Caramel Pretzel Chocolate chip cookies: If you like pretzels, here's a tasty treat that combines both guilty pleasures. Thanks to dessertnowdinnerlater for the idea.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup stick pretzels, broken into thirds
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, cream butter with sugars. Add vanilla and egg. Incorporate and scrape bowl.
- Combine salt, baking soda, and flour. Gradually add to wet mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fold in broken pretzels, caramel bits, and chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 11-12 minutes.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to burn some cookies (I’m terrible with directions). Hope you can get some great compliments from these!