14 People in Hospital After Passing Out at a Laundromat
An 18-year-old patron of Expressway Laundry in Watford City, ND was taken to the hospital after she passed out while waiting for her wash loads.
Police and EMS responded to a call alerting them to the young woman, who was found unconscious just before noon. By 4pm, 13 others had been hospitalized with what KFYRTV.com describes as "similar symptoms."
The fire department was called in, and after a search, found that an exhaust pipe had been dislodged in the boiler room.
The customers' illness could also have been due to a graffiti de-greaser and bleach cocktail used by many oil field workers to remove stains from their clothing.
The injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.