We're not even 10 days into November and it's already been a busy month for the Bismarck Fire Department.

The most recent fire was on Nov. 7 when there was a response to the 1400 block of South 3rd street. There was a fire inside an attached garage as well as smoke damage to the main floor of the house. Two dogs survived that fire but one cat did not.

On Nov. 6, a vehicle was on fire at the Oasis Truck stop. The vehicle was a semi-tractor but nobody was inside when firefighters responded however the owner of the vehicle was transported to the hospital.

Additionally on Nov. 6 the fire department responded to the 4000 block of Hitchcock Drive.

On Nov. 3, there was a fire at the Ramada Inn in Bismarck. There were 90 occupants in 56 rooms. Most individuals were able to return to their rooms but some had to be located to another hotel. Approximately $100,000 in damage was done to the hotel.

All the fire causes were accidental.

As you being to use fireplaces, heaters and other hazardous items during this time of year, be sure to be smart about it and make sure items don't overheat.

More From Hot 975