Which Way Will TONIGHT’S Bismarck Mask Mandate Vote Go?
Mask mandates are beginning to be implemented in some North Dakota cities. Fargo, West Fargo, Minot, and New Town have all done it. Grand Forks kind of implemented a mandate, but only for city offices. And Here are some details from the proposal that will be voted on this evening:
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR GATHERINGS - Gatherings expecting 50 or more people will have to be limited to a percentage of max building occupancy.
- If 15 or more people will be in attendance, all people would be required to wear masks - except brides and grooms on the date of their marriage.
- Events expecting 50 or more people will need to be approved by the City of Bismarck Environmental Health Division.
- ENFORCEMENT - Law enforcement will have the ability to enforce "trespassing laws or other applicable laws in removing violators at the request of businesses or other property owners."
- PENATLY - If businesses allow employees or customers to violate the mandate, the business will be subjected to a fine of up to $1,000.
I wanted to give you some big highlights in the proposal, but you can actually checkout the in-depth mandated proposal information here.
Again, I am not all learned in city laws. So, I am not sure that if this gets passed tonight, it will pass as-is, or if it could potentially be passed and altered. But I guess we will see how things start to unfold for Bismarck after the vote tonight.
Which way do you think the mask mandate vote will go?