Colorful And Pest Resistant Yet Not ND State Flower
Don't get us wrong, we LOVE enjoying them when out checking cows...
BUT what about a state flower for the rest of the folks that are confined to their gardens, flowerbeds and potted beauties? Do They Not Deserve a state flower too?
Our Dream Flower Checklist Would Be This:
1. Tolerates HEAT and the COLD: Early spring frosts to late fall frost, a flower that can last the "test of time".
2. Continuous Blossoms: One that's worthy of our time and money, blooms six to eight months out of the year.
3. Attracts Pollinators: North Dakota may be number 1 in honey production, but in recent years if you are like us... There has been a severe decline in those bees as well as butterflies and birds helping out the garden veggies pollinate.
4. Insect & Rabbit Resistant: Nothing is worse than watching our gorgeous flowerbeds become devoured by the grasshoppers by August 1st... and before that we're fighting keeping bunny rabbits out of the veggie garden too!
5. Droughts: One it seems at times can only pray for so much rain, then it just gets downright DEPRESSING. There's gotta be a savior of some sort here...
Have you gotten the drift???
Which flower North Dakota needs to make the state "Garden Flower"...
The winner is clear! Marigolds!
Marigolds hits EVERY SINGLE one on the musts list! So as you go about your fall gardening, pay close attention to what did survive this crazy last few months of "Outdoor Living" that you can easily look back on next spring and say...
Those are Proven Winners!... And should be recognized!
North Dakota's Most Venomous Killer Is Out
LOOK: Stunning vintage photos capture the beauty of America's national parks