How Would North Dakota Fare in the Zombie Apocalypse?
Let's face it, the zombie apocalypse is inevitable. Some of us are prepared, while others are just asking to be zombie food. But, which state is the most prepared to survive the zombie apocalypse?
Thanks to Estately.com, we now know that Alaska is best prepared to survive the impending zombie hordes. North Dakota fared a bit better than most, landing at #16 on the list.
How did Estately.com rank all 50 states? Here's what they looked at:
- Active Military Personnel: States with more soldiers per capita means states with more people who are physically fit, trained to fight, and have access to weapons (source).
- Military Veterans: Percentage of veterans per capita is a solid way of measuring fighting experience (source).
- Physically Active: States with residents who rarely get out of their Laz-E-Boy will not escape the zombie menace (source).
- Martial Arts Enthusiasts: Hand-to-hand combat is an important skill when the ammo runs out (source—percentage of Facebook users who listed “martial arts” as an interest).
- People with Survival Skills: In the long run, knowing how to survive without modern conveniences in a collapsed society will be critical (source—percentage of Facebook users who listed “survival skills” as an interest).
- People with Knowledge of Zombies: To know your enemy you must know their ways (source—percentage of Facebook users who listed “zombies, Resident Evil, Zombieland, and The Walking Dead” as interests).
- Laser Tag Enthusiasts: Yes, laser tag. Few things prepare you for a zombie attack in enclosed space (source—percentage of Facebook users who listed “laser tag” as an interest).
- People with Guns: Shooting a zombie in the head is really the best way to defeat a zombie, and to do that you need a gun (source).
- Obesity: The obesity epidemic will yield to the zombie epidemic because the obese will struggle with running away from zombies. It’s really very simple (source).
- Paintball Enthusiasts: Those who can slink around the woods unnoticed while splattering their enemies with paint will find success shooting zombies in nature (source—percentage of Facebook users who listed “paintball” as an interest).
- Triathletes: When everything breaks down, running, swimming, and bicycling will be ideal ways to escape zombies (source—percentage of Facebook users who listed ”Ironman triathlon” as an interest).
It's probably time to step up your game, North Dakota. I think it might be in our best interest to all get together for a George Romero film marathon, just in case.
You can see which states are most and least likely to survive the zombie apocalypse below:
Let's be honest, I think New Jersey would probably be better off if it were overrun with zombies.