July 4th Events Around Bismarck-Mandan
Now that we've finally got some decent weather, it's time to start thinking about summer and all the great things we can do around town! One of my favorite times of year is the 4th of July, which will be here sooner than you know it. Of course, anyone who has spent any time around the Bismarck-Mandan area knows the 4th is a big deal around here. Read on for a list of events happening around the area on Independence Day.
- Perhaps the biggest attraction on the 4th is the Mandan Rodeo Days, which runs from July 2-4. This celebration offers three professional rodeo performances, Art In the Park, concerts, dancing, baseball, and the biggest and best Fourth of July parade and fireworks celebration in the area.
- The Mandan Parade & Street Festival has been an annual tradition since 1882 and features the region's largest parade. The theme this year is "Our Home - North Dakota", and will highlight a number of area marching bands and other patriotic displays. Find the entire schedule here.
- The Mandan Road Race is a fun, non-competitive 5k walk and run for people of all ages. It begins at 8:00am on July 4th in front of Five Nations Arts Gift Shop, in the Mandan Depot on Main Street.
- The Classic Car Parade starts at Midway Lanes on 'The Strip' in Mandan at 10:30am and travels west onto Main Street.
- The Bismarck-Mandan Symphony Orchestra presents the 18th annual Fourth of July Spectacular that will take place at the capitol grounds in Bismarck. The event will feature folk musician, songwriter, and working farmer Chuck Suchy. Bring the family down starting around 8:00pm for an evening of food, music, and fun that will conclude with a spectacular fireworks display that begins at 10:30pm.
Did we miss anything? Let us know and we'll be sure to add it to the list!