What North Dakotans Love To Buy At Wal-Mart
This list is produced every year and here it is again. The most popular item we love and need to purchase at Walmart. It is the annual list of the most popular item purchased at the big box store in every state.
How often do you shop at Walmart? It is like a necessary evil. Personally speaking, the monthly trip to Wal-Mart from me is something I don't look forward to. Again, this is only my shopping opinion. It's like a double edge sword.
I know when I shop at Walmart, I know I'm going to save on a few items in comparison to other shopping outlets in the Bis-Man area. Having said that, I also know my total bill will be in triple digits. Don't get me started on the sights you'll see at Wal-Mart, that is another story completely.
Most families make the monthly shopping trip. The trip where you make 'the list', and that normally ends up being a big list because you want these items to last for the entire month. And that normally equates into a BIG CASH TOTAL and that HURTS!
What is the one thing you must buy when you go to Walmart? For me, it's dog food! My darn dogs eat better than I do.
Cheapism.com released the annual list of the most popular Walmart item in every state. This is the one item that rings up at the cash register in every single state. What a big fat task!
Every year I gaze at this list in wonder. I am amused at some of these items, for example-
- Alabama loves Crayons and why? I have no idea!
- Colorado- Peanut M&Ms
- Delaware- Spice Drops ( BTW, I LOVE spice drops)
- Illinois- erasers, and I must admit, I find this baffling, why does the state have such a need for erasers?
- Louisiana- root beer extract, this is my home state and I have never bought root beer extract in my many years in Louisiana.
- Minnesota- FLAMIN' HOT CHEETOS, which by the way are a great fire starter as they are flammable, for real! Get one and light it with fire and it will stay lit. Don't ask me how I know this.
If you're wondering how Cheapism knows these items? Walmart releases this list annually and they would know, I guess?
For the Peace Garden State, the one item we can not go through the day without thus making it the most popular Walmart item for North Dakota is (drum roll please) watermelon flavored gum.
I can honestly say, I have never bought watermelon flavored gum at Walmart...EVER, in any state, much less my six years in North Dakota. I have no idea. I would think gloves, hats, tires, something along those lines. But watermelon flavored gum? Give me a break!
The complete list is here.