UND Ranked As One of the Most Fun Colleges in the US
A new report ranked the University of North Dakota as one of the most fun colleges in the U.S.
The website RaveReviews did a ranking of the 50 most fun colleges across the country. They based their rankings on four factors:
From Rave Reviews:
(1) Party factor (party atmosphere ratings from Niche.com and UniversityPrimetime.com)
(2) Outdoor factor (outdoor adventure ratings from Lend Edu)
(3) Town factor (college town rating from Best College Reviews)
(4) Rec factor (recreation center and facilities rating CollegeRanks.net).
Each of those factors was then given a point value out of 5 with 5 being the best.
North Dakota's total score was a 14 out of 20 and it was ranked the 25th most fun school in the country. The 'Town' and 'Rec' factors received the highest scores with each getting a 4.5 out of 5. It was ranked a 2 in 'Outdoor' and a 3 in 'Party.'
More specifically, some of the fun items RaveReviews highlights is the atmosphere at UND hockey games as well as the Annual French Fry Feed.
Not mentioned on the site is UND basketball. The team made their first ever trip to the NCAA Tournament last season.
The top 10 fun schools according to RaveReviews are:
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Texas
- University of Iowa
- University of Missouri
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Arizona
- West Virginia University
- Penn State University
- Florida State University
- Ohio State University
No other schools in North Dakota made the list besides UND.
You can see the full rankings here.